Presenter: Ian Cameron – Quantum Petrophysics
This legacy well was originally drilled in 1929 in the City of Medicine Hat for supplying gas for factory applications.
• Up to three (3) strings of casing in addition to the surface casing
317.5mm surface casing to 17.4m
254mm intermediate #2 to 64.9m
219mm intermediate #1 to 185.3m
168.3mm production string to PBTD 281.9m
• There was gas leaking into the wellbore from one of the previously squeezed perforations
• Gas was also flowing out one of the intermediate annulus (most outer one)
• Water flowing (1 pail per day) out of the inner intermediate annulus
• Well location was on a heritage site with limited access right in the City of Medicine Hat
• Other wellbores nearby that may have also had an influence on this well
• See the operational and logging program approach and interpretation that was used in resolving the abandonment on this well.
Bookings are closed for this event.